Current Vacancies: 2 (Fixed Term Contract of 12 months)
Our current vacancies are listed below, but we welcome speculative applications at any time from candidates who can add real value, and use their skills, experience and expertise to contribute to continued excellence and innovation in our business.
Commercial Business Development Manager
A senior commercial role, focusing on the building sales and relationships in the commercial real estate market.
Millar & Bryce’s position in the commercial property market in Scotland is growing, so we now have vacancy for an experienced account developer to join the team, reporting to the Sales & Marketing Director.
This role is required to take ownership of a defined account portfolio with a primary focus on Millar & Bryce’s Commercial Property client base, ensuring the retention of, and an increase in penetration and revenue is in line with our company targets.
You will be responsible for engaging and developing strategic relationships with key influential individuals, firms and organisations across the Scottish legal sector. The aim of course is secure existing and develop new business for Millar & Bryce’s products and services.
The Commercial Business Development Manager role has the following responsibilities:
- Managing the major commercial property accounts to maintain and grow revenues for M&B
- Developing insight into customers’ needs
- Attending regular meetings, advising and consulting with customers
- Converting commercial prospects into M&B customers
- Owning the commercial sales plan and succeeding in its execution.
- Developing long term profitable relationships with Commercial Customers
- Reporting regularly on key sales activities
- Representing M&B at industry events, such as seminars, exhibitions and conferences and be recognised at as a ‘thought leader’ in the commercial real estate space.
- Liaising positively with the Customer Service Account Teams.
- Providing feedback on products, the market and competitor activity
- Contributing to new products and services insight and development.
You will probably have extensive experience in a sales or an account management role within the business sector, the Scottish commercial property market, conveyancing or searching, and experience of supporting significant deals over extended lead times. You will certainly have sound and proven business acumen and the ability to structure effective and cohesive customer-focused proposals. The role will require someone who has a solid understanding of the Scottish property market, and specifically the Commercial Sector. You will clearly be good at preparing and delivering compelling presentations to senior customer staff. Excellent spoken and written communication skills are a must.
If you think you might be a suitable candidate for this opportunity, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 16th December 2016
Business Development Manager
A great opportunity to get out and engage with prospects and customers!
We are looking for a dynamic Business Development Manager to join the Sales & Marketing team. You would sell M&B products and services to new prospects and grow business with existing customers, a highly responsible commercial role in the company. As a key cog in the sales team, you would be qualifying customer’s needs, prospecting very actively and planning and delivering compelling sales and account management pitches.
Not only would you have you have a good knowledge of the M&B’s products and services, but you would also have a keen eye for what customers … and competitors … are up to.
You’ll probably already know that you are good at developing a rapport with people, and you’ll have a pretty commercial head on you too.
Your main responsibilities as a Business Development Manager would be these:
- Managing your account portfolio to hit revenue targets
- Developing an in-depth understanding of your customers’ needs and maintaining an excellent working relationship
- Researching, prospecting and building relationships with prospects and new clients
- Working closely with internal M&B teams to develop proposals and that meet client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Handling customer issues and objections, by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Developing long term profitable relationships with Customers
- Providing regular and accurate reporting to the S&M Director
- Representing the Company at industry events
- Working closely with the Customer Service Account Teams.
You will have experience in sales or an account management role and familiarity of negotiating confidently with the ability to influence and persuade. You will have high energy levels and be a self-starter.
You should have evidence of selling to a portfolio of clients and the ability to great customer presentations and proposals. You will have a solid understanding of the property market, excellent spoken and written communication skills and a sound understanding of technology including; Excel, Work, PowerPoint, Outlook any bespoke systems.
If you think you are up for growing M&B business and reputation send your CV to email@example.com by Friday 16th December 2016
Equal Opportunities Statement
Millar & Bryce Limited is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and treatment and to eliminating unfair discrimination in its employment practices. It will seek to ensure that all job applicants and staff are treated fairly, with respect and without bias. No job applicant or member of staff will receive less favourable treatment than others because of her or his gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital, family or part-time status, racial group (includes colour, race, nationality, national or ethnic origin), religion, disability (unless objectively justified), age (subject to the operation of a retirement age policy) or trade union membership/non membership/activities.